- Accidental damage
- Liquid damage
What’s NOT covered
- Wear and tear
- Electronic viruses
- Batteries & accessories
- Warranty claims
What do I do in the event of a lost or stolen cellphone?
- Call Adminplus on 086 111 8765 and request a claim form.
- One of our consultants will walk the client through the process of a repair or replacement
- Fill the claim form and send to email@example.com
Key points to Note
- Insurance is only 12 months and then is renewed.
- Theft from vehicle is covered provided violent and forcible entry can be proven.
- Our insurer:
Constantia Insurance Company Ltd
Reg. No.1952/001514/06 –
VAT No.4920108935 –
FSP No. 31111
First amount payable in the event of a claim:
In the case of any claim submitted within the rst sixty days (60) of cover, a penalty excess of 20% of the cost of the claim will be applied in addition to the first amount payable stated below.
- In the case of the first replacement within a 12-month period, there is a first amount payable of 10% of the cost of the claim with a minimum of R300.
- Should a second replacement claim be submitted within 12 months of the first claim, the first amount payable will be calculated as 20% of the cost of the
- claim minimum R500. For further claims within a 12-month period of the first claim, the first amount payable will be calculated as 40% of the cost of the claim.
- In the case of the first repair within a 12-month period, there is a first amount payable of R200. Should a second repair claim be submitted within 12 months of the first claim, the first amount payable is R 500. For further claims within a 12-month period of the first claim, the first amount payable will be R 1 000
New business – firstname.lastname@example.org Broker: – email@example.com
Whatsapp: – 082 071 6430 – 021 812 3600
Claims: – firstname.lastname@example.org
General: – email@example.com
Broker: – firstname.lastname@example.org
– 021 812 3600
Insurer: Constantia Insurance Compan y Limited FSP No. 31111 Your broker: Econorisk Br oker Consultants (Pty) Ltd FSP No. 38267 Underwriting Manager: Administration Plus (Pty) Ltd – FSP No.36841
DLAY DEVICE POLICY WORDING
Description of cover
In return for paying a premium, Constantia Insurance Company Limited (your Insurer) will cover the mobile device listed on the schedule against unforeseen loss or physical accidental damage.
Conditions of insurance
This insurance is only available for items purchased from an authorized retailer.
Period of insurance
Cover is provided for one year in which the premium is paid. In order to have continuous cover and a valid claim, premiums and payments must be up to date.
The insured value (Sum Insured)
The insured value of the mobile device is detailed on the Schedule. This is the maximum value that the Insurer will pay in the event of a loss. This takes into account all outstanding finance costs, less the first amount payable and any dual insurance, betterment or depreciation. The Insurer retains the right to settle any claim based on the cost of repairs, replacement or cash settlement at their discretion.
In the event that a cellphone:
- Can be repaired, the Insurer will pay the costs reasonably incurred to restore it to its state of serviceability immediately before the damage.
- Is replaced by the Insurer, the Insurer agrees to provide a replacement mobile device of the same or similar type but not superior to, or more expensive than the existing cellphone. At all times you must take reasonable steps to safeguard the mobile device from loss, damage or theft and any repairs to the device must be carried out by a repairer authorised by the Insurer or their agents.
This policy does NOT cover the following:
- The costs of replacing, reinstating or making good wear and tear, gradual deterioration, scratching or other superficial damage to outer casings, aerials, keypads, batteries, accessories, or peripheral devices.
- Any failure of electronic circuitry or batteries and any damage arising from such.
- Any issues relating to software and any damage arising from software including malicious software such as electronic viruses.
- Any loss or damage resulting from carelessness or negligence.
- Loss or damage arising from a manufacturers defect.
- Loss or damage as a result of wilful conduct.
- Consequential loss of any kind whatsoever.
- Theft from a vehicle must be accompanied by violent/forcible entry into the .
- There is no absconsion cover in terms of this policy
First amount payable in the event of a claim (in addition to any outstanding premiums):
This is an annual policy payable on a monthly basis. Any claims submitted within the duration of the annual period will be subject to a policy excess plus the balance of outstanding premiums due being decuted with the excess from the amount payable at the time of loss.
In the case of any claim submitted within the first sixty days (60) of cover, a penalty excess of 20% of the cost of the claim will be applied in addition to the first amount payable stated below.
- In the case of a cellphone replacement within a 12-month period, there is a first amount payable of 10% of the cost of the claim with a minimum of R500.
- In the case of the first repair within a 12-month period, there is a first amount payable of 20% of the cost of the claim. Should a second repair claim be submitted within 12 months of the first claim, the first amount payable 30% of the cost of the claim. The policy covers up to 2 repair claims per annum.
Claims procedures, requirements and conditions
The Insurer has appointed Administration Plus (Pty) Ltd to act on the Insurers behalf in the management of all matters relating to this policy. In the event of a claim in terms of this policy, the following steps must be taken:
- The claim must be submitted to email@example.com as soon as reasonably possible after the loss or damage.
- All relevant information and details of the claim must be supplied within thirty (30) days of reporting the loss.
- Following a loss or theft of the device covered under this policy, the incident must be reported to the relevant service providers and the device must be blacklisted with your network provider. Failure to blacklist a stolen or lost device may lead to the claim being rejected. In the event of theft or loss, the loss must be reported to the South African Police Services within 48 hours, or to the relevant foreign authorities in the case of travel abroad. Documentary evidence of a police reference number must be obtained and submitted along with the completed claim form.
All reasonable assistance in the recovery of the lost or stolen device or any part thereof and identification thereof if called on to do so by Administration Plus (Pty) Ltd. Should there be a failure to give such assistance in terms of this condition, the Insurer will be entitled to recover all amounts paid in respect of the claim.
- Any damaged or stolen and recovered device that is replaced under the terms of this policy becomes the property of the Insurer and can be disposed of in any manner the Insurer considers appropriate. This however does not concede the right to abandon any property to the
Insurer whether taken possession of by the Insurer or not.
- In the settling of any claim, the Insurer can take over the handling of the claim and the prosecution of any criminal action in connection with the loss or damage.
If Administration Plus (Pty) Ltd reject a claim or dispute the amount of any claim made under this policy, the Insurer will be relieved of any liability unless representations are made to the to the company in respect of the decision within a period stipulated by law and the Policyholder Protection Rules as amended from time to time, failing which the claim is forfeited and no liability can arise in terms of such claim.
Conditions of cover
Cancelling of Cover
- This policy may be cancelled at any time by either party giving thirty (30)days notice in writing.
If at time of loss or damage to the mobile device there is any other insurance policy covering the same mobile device against the same event, then we shall not be liable to pay more than our rateable portion of the claim.
Fraud or any attempt thereat
If you or anyone acting for you
- Makes a false or exaggerated claim
- Makes a false statement to support a claim
- Sends your Insurer a forged or false document to support a claim
- Makes a claim under the policy for any loss or damage caused by a deliberate act
Your Insurer WILL
- Not pay the claim
- Not pay any future claim
- Declare the policy void
- Be entitled to recovery from you the amount of any claim already paid by us
- Report the fraudulent claim to the police
Any misrepresentation or incorrect information can prejudice you in the event of a claim
THIS INSURANCE IS UNDERWRITTEN BY CONSTANTIA INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED A REGISTERED FINANCIAL SERVICE PROVIDER (LICENSE NUMBER 31111